Acer Extensa 215-51G freeze in games or videos

lironix
lironix Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
Good day, community!
I have a question about this laptop. It was purchased in October 2020. And a week or two ago, problems began with him. We started freezing all the games, sometimes films (it feels like the frame rate drops, the image jerks, not smooth). For example, earlier I could easily play GTA V without delay. Now I get delays even in this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/322330/Dont_Starve_Together/
(To understand that even such a simple game started to glitch).
I reinstalled windows, installed all updates from the update center, but it didn't help. Bios 1.11, reset to factory settings.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    When you did the Windows reinstall did you see the freezes before adding apps to the system? Have you added any peripherals lately? Have there been any recent updates to either GPU driver? I'd guess that the latter is most likely since the freezes sound like they are in the graphics.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lironix
    lironix Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    billsey said:
    When you did the Windows reinstall did you see the freezes before adding apps to the system? Have you added any peripherals lately? Have there been any recent updates to either GPU driver? I'd guess that the latter is most likely since the freezes sound like they are in the graphics.
    The problems started very abruptly a couple of weeks ago. There were no new updates. After that, update the driver for the video card through the gforce experience. It did not help. Delivered the latest updates through the Windows update center. It did not help. I reinstalled windows. It did not help. There were no new devices.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Then I'm stumped... It look like you are still in warranty, so it's best to go ahead and open a case with Acer support and let them sort it out for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.