Nitro N50-600-EB11 m.2 ssd upgrade question

Curla123
Curla123 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey all! I have just purchased a 500gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus v-nand nvme m.2 SSD. I was wondering where the m.2 slot is on my motherboard, and which screws I will need to get it connected. I have been doing some research, and I've seen a few motherboard diagrams for Nitros that look nothing like mine (presumably they were laptop motherboards and other models). Could someone lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Curla123 said:
    Hey all! I have just purchased a 500gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus v-nand nvme m.2 SSD. I was wondering where the m.2 slot is on my motherboard, and which screws I will need to get it connected. I have been doing some research, and I've seen a few motherboard diagrams for Nitros that look nothing like mine (presumably they were laptop motherboards and other models). Could someone lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

Curla123 these are the specs and the recommended drive types that your N50-600 can take and is specified OEM by Acer, stick to these drives and you can't go wrong, btw the Samsung 970 Evo Plus will fit but it won't be utilised to its max speed as the N50-600 mobo has the SATA controller of the B360 chipset that has a SATA controller resistant bus of Gen3 6GB/sec so, the NVMe speed(s) are not and will not be fully utilised by your mobo and is a waste of money for this motherboard, it could be useful for other boards that can utilise the NVMe speeds.

Motherboard Drive location(s)

Acer OEM 512GB M.2 drives fitted and recommended

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Curla123 said:

Curla123 these are the specs and the recommended drive types that your N50-600 can take and is specified OEM by Acer, stick to these drives and you can't go wrong, btw the Samsung 970 Evo Plus will fit but it won't be utilised to its max speed as the N50-600 mobo has the SATA controller of the B360 chipset that has a SATA controller resistant bus of Gen3 6GB/sec so, the NVMe speed(s) are not and will not be fully utilised by your mobo and is a waste of money for this motherboard, it could be useful for other boards that can utilise the NVMe speeds.

• Curla123
    Curla123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Curla123 said:

Thanks so much!