Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PcI-e card seems overhangs the slot Acer XC-895

Options
oztraxed
oztraxed Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Hi, I just put the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe card into the only slot I have in my Acer XC-895, and although it works properly thru the back jacks supplied by the card, I have a question.

The connectors where the arrow points to sits outside the slot on the desktop, I cannot move the card any furthur back to get the connector to line up to the slot as then it's too far away from the case back.

so is the slot on the desktop in the wrong place, are is that connectyyor not needed to be in the slot?

also is there a software fudge I can do to make the front mic in/headphone out jacks that came with the supplied realtex soundcard work with the sound blaster card I have installed?

Many thanks for your time

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,028 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

That additional slot is not used and as long as it works ‘don’t worry about it’. With the “front mic in/headphone out jacks” is connected to the motherboard and cant be connected to the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe card, you have to connect directly to the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe card for any of its features.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,028 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

That additional slot is not used and as long as it works ‘don’t worry about it’. With the “front mic in/headphone out jacks” is connected to the motherboard and cant be connected to the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe card, you have to connect directly to the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCIe card for any of its features.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, those pins are optional on an x1 card, so not used in this case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oztraxed
    oztraxed Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thanks guys, yes it works well