Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-763P, CPU / GPU temperatures and battery used in gaming

Options
Cjlossantos
Cjlossantos Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there, i'm new around here!
I bought a gaming laptop of the Nitro 5 serie just 20 days ago. It's my first gaming laptop, so I'm a little nervous about making the best decisions in order to let the laptop work safe.

These are my specs:

Intel Core i7-10750H
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650Ti
SSD WD 512 GB
RAM 16 GB
144 Hz Monitor

As I said, it's my first gaming laptop. I use it predominantly for my study purposes, I'm a computer engineer so I need high-level hardware to do my stuff. 
After 20 days of normal use, everything seems fine, fans are off most of the time. Today, for the first time, I decided to run a game to test performances on gaming. So, I downloaded Battlefield 1 (it's free on Origin, btw) and after 10 minutes CPU went to 85-87 °C with GPU on 65-70 °C. GPU temperature seems fine, but CPU temperature seems to be too high. BF1 settings were on MEDIUM level by default, with 1920x1080p 144 Hz resolution.

Another thing that I noticed while playing BF1 is that the laptop battery went to 90% (from 100%) even if the laptop was powered by the power line. Is this normal? And what can you tell me about those temperatures?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,321 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Cjlossantos
    ««Another thing that I noticed while playing BF1 is that the laptop battery went to 90% (from 100%) even if the laptop was powered by the power line. Is this normal»»

Yes this is normal happens in all gaming laptops 

««
    CPU went to 85-87 °C»»

If temperatures are below 90°C then no need to worry.
    Here are a few things that I do while gaming on a laptop and hope you find it helpful too:-
    1. Place the laptop on an even surface,like a table and not your bed or lap.This helps in proper flow of air into the laptop. If possible Use a good cooling pad .I personally use a cooling pad standing one..and it flow cool air keeping my laptop cool all time. It also helps raise your laptop, reducing the temperature of the components..
    2. Check if the vents and holes of your laptop are dustfree and not blocked
    3. Make sure your room is well ventelated.Keep your AC or Fan on during summers because room temperature affect a lot 
    4. Try not to multitask (no torrents in the background or chrome or any other app which means more work for the CPU). Close all background app while gaming.
    Also check this guide may help you because its reduces system load so may help you get good fps + low temperatures 
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566