Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51) drivers vs Microsot Drivers? (Windows 11)

ddiaconu21
ddiaconu21 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Windows 11
So I know this has been in talks for 10+ years, but since the first discussion about this, the MS driver catalogue has become bigger and more and more laptops have become deprecated in terms of support.

Let's take my case for example: ACER Nitro 5 laptop. Drivers have been updated last time in 2019. Since then, my "installation" ritual was the following one: Install W10 without internet connection -> Install ACER drivers -> Update the rest of them through Windows Update -> Update the Intel/Nvidia drivers through their utilities. There was a case, though, related to the integrated GPU (Intel), where the GPU driver was locked (manufacturer driver) and couldn't be updated unless you uninstall it.

Now that W11 is the new kid on the block, and many laptops will lack the W11 drivers, how do you guys see this matter. Should people stick to the manufacturer drivers? Or use the MS ones? Or even OEM through their utilities (even though, beside the GPU from AMD/Intel/Nvidia and storage from Intel, I don't know about other utilities).

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    I'm not sure if the Windows 10 drivers is compatible with Windows 11. But you can stick to manufacture drivers for the GPU drivers. Others drivers that are provided by either Microsoft or OEM will be fine.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!