Laptop should I buy?

DrewsMama123DrewsMama123 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
My son is in college, and enjoys gaming, mainly RP, definitely not first shooter/war games. My question is, what would be the best laptop for me to surprise him with. He has been working hard and paying his own way since high school, and I want to surprise him with a great laptop. I know he plays a game called Imperator Rome II. I’ve been considering the Acer Nitro 5 with 32gb & 2T hard drive

Comments

• SilvaGiSilvaGi Member Posts: 258 Practitioner
    edited July 22
    Nitro line is good for casual gamer. Go for 16GB RAM and 500GB Sold state drive (SSD) not Hard drive. Get either i5 with or i7 (overheats tho, the i7). Theres also AMD CPU(APU) which I prefer, either Ryzen 5 or 7( 8 core cpu best for strategy games and multitasking)
    Then buy best GPU you can afford.
    The displays and battery life aren't great but they are affordable gaming option. 

Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!