Acer Aspire5 A514-535 boot from USB it doesn't show on Boot Manager

Options
2»

Answers

• AndyWinter
    AndyWinter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi guys,

Just wanted to leave this here. I had the same issue and here is what I did. There is this thing called 'Partition Scheme' in your bootable USB. I redid the USB drive over again bootable using rufus and changed the 'Partition Scheme' into GPT. It was in MBR before. Now my USB shows up on boot menu.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    Options

Try the below methods to boot from a USB drive in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, follow either of the methods below:

Using Windows Settings (without BIOS or UEFI):

• Plug in your bootable USB flash drive to a USB port on your computer.
    • Open the Settings app.
    • Navigate to Update & Security.
    • Select Recovery on the left.
    • Scroll down on the right side of the window until you find the Advanced startup section.
    • Click or tap the Restart now button.
    • Your computer will restart, and you’ll be able to choose the USB drive as the boot option.

Accessing BIOS/UEFI Boot Menu:

• Press the Power button for your computer.
    • During the initial startup screen, press one of the following keys: ESCF1F2F8, or F10.
    • When you enter the BIOS Setup, navigate to the BOOT tab.
    • Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the USB drive and move it to the top of the boot sequence.
    • Remember that if Fast Boot is enabled in your UEFI/BIOS, you might need to boot from the USB drive within Windows. Otherwise, temporarily disable Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot to allow booting from the USB drive.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍