Battery Issues P643-V

WeReuseIT
WeReuseIT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
I have now spent alot of money trying to find new batteries for the P643-V model laptops. I am a refurbisher and get alot of these laptops in. They are you normal aspire batterys AS10D3E and alike. Most of the laptops we get the battery health is not good so needs replacing. These charge in the laptops. I get new ones and they do not charge in these. I then put them into other acer laptops not the same model and the new batterys work perfectly fine and charge. Anybody else had this issue or no about this issue? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    WeReuseIT said:
    I have now spent alot of money trying to find new batteries for the P643-V model laptops. I am a refurbisher and get alot of these laptops in. They are you normal aspire batterys AS10D3E and alike. Most of the laptops we get the battery health is not good so needs replacing. These charge in the laptops. I get new ones and they do not charge in these. I then put them into other acer laptops not the same model and the new batterys work perfectly fine and charge. Anybody else had this issue or no about this issue? 

The copy cheap batteries from Amazon. eBay etc from China (that don't even fit and/or are hard to fit into the OEM battery space) are of very low quality and usually are a refurbished battery also and put into a new casings. I'm a refurbisher, builder and fixer of laptops and computers and have done this for many years! These cheap copy none OEM batteries give me allot of problems also with no charge, minimal charge and the only way to fix them is to either run the batteries flat and recharge them completely as that will rejuvinate their memory (this is especially for laptops that are always plugged into mains) or you need to do a "Calibration of the Battery" so, if you want to have full functionality then fit the OEM batteries that Acer fits OEM to this laptop. These are the OEM batteries and adapters fitted and provided by Acer to your P643-V and should work 100% so only fit these components. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi WeReuseIT,

Contact below link tech can place order for the battery,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/NZ/content/service-contact