Aspire TC-885 Recovery Partition?

cobb2000
cobb2000 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My desktop will not boot to windows and I'm trying to access the recovery partition using ALT+F10 on boot but it's not working. Any other suggestions to recover? I used another Windows 10 PC to cerate a Windows recovery disk on a USB drive but it wasn't helpful although it did boot to the recovery utility, it was unable to repair Windows. Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @cobb2000 Did you go the F12 boot menu to select boot device and follow steps, you'd be able to reinstall windows instead of repairing it. You might lose data, but try to reinstall the OS instead. Follow these steps. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @cobb2000 Did you go the F12 boot menu to select boot device and follow steps, you'd be able to reinstall windows instead of repairing it. You might lose data, but try to reinstall the OS instead. Follow these steps. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    First is to look and decide if you have any data that needs to be backed up before doing anything drastic. You can copy files from the repair environment when you boot from the install image. Once you are sure there isn't anything major being lost then you need to decide if you want to go through the effort of trying to recover the current Windows installation or just do the clean Windows install. Remember that after the clean install you will have to reinstall any apps you use.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cobb2000
    cobb2000 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    First is to look and decide if you have any data that needs to be backed up before doing anything drastic. You can copy files from the repair environment when you boot from the install image. Once you are sure there isn't anything major being lost then you need to decide if you want to go through the effort of trying to recover the current Windows installation or just do the clean Windows install. Remember that after the clean install you will have to reinstall any apps you use.
    Billsey, thanks - I won't loose too much as I back up to the cloud. I went ahead and did a full reinstall and that seems to be working at the moment.
  • zerosumgame
    zerosumgame Member Posts: 5 New User
    it will not work for long seeing that Acer makes a crappy PC