Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to Correct Boot Issues

White_angel
White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This article provides information on how to create and use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. You can use this tool to restore your system if it will not boot to Windows or if it fails to start after installing a Windows update. Symptoms you may experience are:

1. System continually restarts after displaying the Acer splash screen
  2. System boots to a black screen
  3. Windows Updates fail to install

This process requires another PC with internet access, and a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of storage space. The data on the USB flash drive will be erased to create the Windows 10 bootable flash drive.

Creating the Windows 10 USB flash drive

1. Visit the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website
  2. Click Download Tool Now.
  3. Save the Application.
  4. Plug your USB Flash Drive into the PC where you saved the application.
  5. Run the Application.
  6. Accept the EULA
  7. Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next.
  8. Choose the correct settings for your version of Windows 10
  • Language (Country)
  • Windows 10
  • 64-bit (x64)
  • Click Next.
  • Select USB Flash Drive and click Next.
  • Select the Flash Drive and click Next.
  • Allow the application to complete. You will be prompted when it is finished and has successfully created the bootable drive.

Reloading Windows with the Media Creation Tool:

1. Press and hold the Power key for five seconds to turn off your computer.
    2. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the Media Creation Tool files.
    3. Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS.
    4. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
    5. Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter.
    6. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
    7. Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
    8. As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager.
    9. Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch.
    10. Select your Language, Time and Keyboard, then click Next.
    11. Click Install Now.
    12. Accept the license terms and click Next.
    13. You will be prompted with choices:
    • Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings and applications. This option should work for most users and should save most personal files. If you attempt this and run into errors, we suggest the next option.
    • Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) This option allows you to determine the location where you want to install Windows. Using this option will erase all personal data.
    !!Please hit like and Accept answer if it helps!! 

Comments

• Parag_Raut
      Parag_Raut Member Posts: 4 New User
      Hi White_angel,

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572-73FH.  It fails to boot Windows 10 and loads with the screen  "Choose your keyboard layout". Upon selection of keyboard, it displays two options "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off your Pc". 
      It seems there is some trouble with Windows. So I decided to repair the windows with the help of USB flash drive

I downloaded the windows 10 64bit iso file using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Using Rufus utility I made windows 10 install USB flash drive. It created USB flash drive with GPT partition and target system as UEFI.

I follow the procedure as you described for booting from USB flash drive but when I press F12 while booting, I get only one option that is "Windows Boot Manager (HFS128G39TND-N210A)" and dont get option to boot from USB flash drive.

I tried disabling secure boot option in BIOS but no change.

Am I missing something..

• White_angel
      White_angel Member Posts: 20 Networker
      Hi White_angel,

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572-73FH.  It fails to boot Windows 10 and loads with the screen  "Choose your keyboard layout". Upon selection of keyboard, it displays two options "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off your Pc". 
      It seems there is some trouble with Windows. So I decided to repair the windows with the help of USB flash drive

I downloaded the windows 10 64bit iso file using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Using Rufus utility I made windows 10 install USB flash drive. It created USB flash drive with GPT partition and target system as UEFI.

I follow the procedure as you described for booting from USB flash drive but when I press F12 while booting, I get only one option that is "Windows Boot Manager (HFS128G39TND-N210A)" and dont get option to boot from USB flash drive.

I tried disabling secure boot option in BIOS but no change.

Am I missing something..

plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
      select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
      click on the little icon on the right and browse to the downloaded iso file
      as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
      as File system select "FAT32"
      click on Start
      wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
      - Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
      - plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    • bn4718am
      bn4718am Member Posts: 1 New User
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This article provides information on how to create and use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. You can use this tool to restore your system if it will not boot to Windows or if it fails to start after installing a Windows update. Symptoms you may experience are:

1. System continually restarts after displaying the Acer splash screen
      2. System boots to a black screen
      3. Windows Updates fail to install

This process requires another PC with internet access, and a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of storage space. The data on the USB flash drive will be erased to create the Windows 10 bootable flash drive.

Creating the Windows 10 USB flash drive

1. Visit the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website
      2. Click Download Tool Now.
      3. Save the Application.
      4. Plug your USB Flash Drive into the PC where you saved the application.
      5. Run the Application.
      6. Accept the EULA
      7. Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next.
      8. Choose the correct settings for your version of Windows 10
      • Language (Country)
      • Windows 10
      • 64-bit (x64)
    • Click Next.
    • Select USB Flash Drive and click Next.
    • Select the Flash Drive and click Next.
    • Allow the application to complete. You will be prompted when it is finished and has successfully created the bootable drive.

Reloading Windows with the Media Creation Tool:

1. Press and hold the Power key for five seconds to turn off your computer.
      2. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the Media Creation Tool files.
      3. Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS.
      4. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
      5. Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter.
      6. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
      7. Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
      8. As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager.
      9. Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch.
      10. Select your Language, Time and Keyboard, then click Next.
      11. Click Install Now.
      12. Accept the license terms and click Next.
      13. You will be prompted with choices:
      • Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings and applications. This option should work for most users and should save most personal files. If you attempt this and run into errors, we suggest the next option.
      • Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) This option allows you to determine the location where you want to install Windows. Using this option will erase all personal data.
      !!Please hit like and Accept answer if it helps!! 
      This really help me with my acer laptop computer.  the only thing that was not in the directions.  telling you to remove the usb drive once you have successfully uploaded windows 10.  I had to go through some loops in order to realize that the usb drive needs to be unplugged in order for the laptop to start on it's own, other wise the usb drive will keep rebooting your laptop.
    • Taican
      Taican Member Posts: 4 New User
      Hi I tried to follow the instructions above. I used microsoft media creator to make a usb boot drive like you said. I went into the bios and made the changes in it as instructed. But when i went to the f12 boot menu i only had the microsoft boot manager as an option. I have tried the jump drive on another computer and it works there. Any suggestions? Everything up to entering the boot menu worked fine.
      I am trying to fix windows on a E5-532 if that matters. I tested the jumpdrive on an acer aspire one netbook. The E5 does not have a dvd drive or i would have just burnt a disk. I went into the bios again and set it to try to boot from the usb first and still nothing.
      The laptop is booting up to the lock screen. When you try to log in, it freezes with a blue screen. Mouse cursor is able to move around but nothing else works. Trying to click on the power icon in the corner to try to enter safe mode takes you to the blue screen.
    • sam67
      sam67 Member Posts: 2 New User
      I used to created a Windows bootable disk (USB) via Windows 10 Media Creation tool for installing a Windows 10 on my computer,if you are going to do that,you still need to download another Windows iso file to complete it.
    • sam67
      sam67 Member Posts: 2 New User
      edited May 2020
      sam67 said:
      I used to created a Windows bootable disk (USB) via Windows 10 Media Creation tool for installing a Windows 10 on my computer,if you are going to do that,you still need to download another Windows iso file to complete it.
      I did make a WIndows 10 bootable usb according to this,uinsg Windows 10 Media Creation tool is also effective.
    • ritikparmar
      ritikparmar Member Posts: 2 New User
      i want to use my full ram but its not working.. i try everything....update bios & msconfig thing....pls help laptop version (nitro AN515-43)
      BIOS - (1.09) UPDATE