SSD and HDD P03-620 upgrades?

MassiveMonkey66
MassiveMonkey66 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey guys, 

I'm looking to upgrade the SSD and to buy an extra HDD for my P03-620. Any recommendations? Also, my version came with the 2060, I was wondering what's the fastest stick of RAM I could get?  

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    MassiveMonkey66,

Below is the Hardware specs for Predator Orion PO3-620. Hope it helps you in upgrading. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Note that you want normal 2666 memory, not the XMP 3200 or 3600, since they run at a lower speed than 2666 on this motherboard. The M.2 slot supports both NVMe x2 and NVMe x4, so choose an x4 drive for best speed. The drive bay fits both 3.5" and 2.5" drives, so you could actually put a big SSD in there as well, instead of a slower HDD. If what you are looking for is maximum storage the HDDs still overawe the SSDs for the same price point.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    MassiveMonkey66,

Below is the Hardware specs for Predator Orion PO3-620. Hope it helps you in upgrading. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Note that you want normal 2666 memory, not the XMP 3200 or 3600, since they run at a lower speed than 2666 on this motherboard. The M.2 slot supports both NVMe x2 and NVMe x4, so choose an x4 drive for best speed. The drive bay fits both 3.5" and 2.5" drives, so you could actually put a big SSD in there as well, instead of a slower HDD. If what you are looking for is maximum storage the HDDs still overawe the SSDs for the same price point.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MassiveMonkey66
    MassiveMonkey66 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

@billsey @Balatekie Thanks guys, appreciate the help
  • designistjoey
    designistjoey Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Can you please recommend a memory type for the same device.
    I am not able to find 2666 Hyperx at all. I guess removing this memory and getting new ones with different speeds is the only solution right ?

• billsey
    HyperX is a brand name and nothing more. Kingston ACR26D4U9D8ME-16 are 16GB sticks that work, Micron MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6 are also 16GB that match. They both make smaller modules as well, the key is the speed, they are PC4-21300 and run at 2666MHz.