Predator sense showing wrong temps PO3-630

mavesi
mavesi Member Posts: 4 New User
My predator sense is showing CPU temperatures around 30-35C while gaming. Meanwhile HWinfo is showing CPU temps around 90C while gaming. Is there some way to fix predator sense to show the right temperatures?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi mavesi,

Uninstall predator sense and download it from acer website then reinstall again.
  • mavesi
    Easwar said:
    Hi mavesi,

Uninstall predator sense and download it from acer website then reinstall again.
    I tried that. It did not work :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Any chance one or the other is confusing GPU and  CPU temps?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mavesi
    billsey said:
    Any chance one or the other is confusing GPU and  CPU temps?
    I dont think so. The GPU temperatures are the same on predator sense and HWinfo.

• Easwar
    Hi mavesi,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • 14Morris
    14Morris Member Posts: 1 New User
    Large variations between CPU core temperature readings may indicate cooler mounting issues or an incorrect application of thermal paste.

paycheckrecords
  • Easwar
    Hi 14Morris,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• oanderson94
    oanderson94 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Unsure if I need to start a new thread but having the same issue, core temps will show CPU temperature at another reading whilst predator sense always shows my CPU temp at around 33-34c - GPU temps are always correct when comparing with other results from different apps. 

Unsure what the model 'name' is but it is the PO3-630- Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3070, 1 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD spec. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The PO3-630 is the latest model and there seem to be issues with the version of PredatorSense shipped with it. I expect we'll see an update posted to that version at some point. In the mean time monitor the CPU temps with a different app.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.