I have a Acer Aspire V5-571-6605 15.6" Laptop Palmrest interchangeable

JamesT
JamesT Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
I have a Acer Aspire V5-571-6605  15.6"   and the touchpad is going bad and needs to be replaced a person I know has a  Acer Aspire V5 Series Palmrest And Touchpad number 39.4VM09.002   only thing is the numbers on mine is 39.4VM06.002  What I need to know is these two interchangeable  I guess meaning will the  Acer Aspire V5 Series Palmrest And Touchpad number 39.4VM09.002  work on my I have a Acer Aspire V5-571-6605  15.6"  laptop?

Thank you I hope this is not confusing I have a head injury which make my mind not work too good

Thank you again

Todd

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>> the touchpad is going bad>>>

Those part nos are for the top cover only. Not the touchpad assembly. The following touchpad part nos should work though may use different drivers downloadable from the ACER driver download site for  your model. Before doing anything, I'd suggest that you re-seat the ribbon cable from the touchpad board to the mainboard a few times to help clean the contacts. The plastic wedge clips in the mainboard connector that hold the ribbon contacts may also have come a bit loose or broken. Scotch tape can be used if the clips are broken.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>> the touchpad is going bad>>>

Those part nos are for the top cover only. Not the touchpad assembly. The following touchpad part nos should work though may use different drivers downloadable from the ACER driver download site for  your model. Before doing anything, I'd suggest that you re-seat the ribbon cable from the touchpad board to the mainboard a few times to help clean the contacts. The plastic wedge clips in the mainboard connector that hold the ribbon contacts may also have come a bit loose or broken. Scotch tape can be used if the clips are broken.

Jack E/NJ

• JamesT
    OK I replaced the touchpad and seems a little leggy if that is the word for it   and when I click the left button it moves the cursor is that normal for this model?  
  • JackE
    What Windows version are you using? Win10, Win8.1, Win7? That laptop was not designed to run Win10 so the touchpad drivers might not be perfect. Go to this link and try installing both the Synaptic or Elantech drivers in whatever Win version you're using. For Win10, you may have to install them in either Win8.1 or Win7 compatibility mode. You might also want to try downloading and installing DriverBooster freeware to see if it picks up any newer drivers on line that might work better.

Jack E/NJ

• JamesT
    Windows 10 4GB Ram 250GB Hard Drive  Thank you
  • JackE
    Try iobit's DriverBooster freeware first.

Jack E/NJ

• JamesT
    What does iobit's DriverBooster freeware firs  ?
    Thank you

Todd
  • JackE
    edited August 2021
    It's downloadable freeware that detects most  hardware like touchpads and recommends online drivers to correct any deficiencies like you describe. Freeware means its free no cost software. Click this link to download it. Then install it to see what it picks up.

Jack E/NJ

• JamesT
    thank you for the help will give it a try

Todd
  • JamesT
    solved   Thank you again
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success!

Jack E/NJ