Does my laptop (Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57AV) have the minimum requirements to update it to Windows 11?

julianagudelo
julianagudelo Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I know it's a little early to ask this, but I'd like to know if my laptop matches the minimum requirements for Windows 11. I've been reading and it needs at least a processor with two nucleus at 1GHz (mine has an  Intel Core i5-7200U), 4GB of RAM and 64GB of free storage space. Also it needs a graphics card that is compatible with DirectX 12 (mine has NVIDIA GeForce 940MX) and a motherboard that is compatible with TPM. I have the RAM and free storage required, but I don't really know about the rest. Thank you very much in advance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    I know it's a little early to ask this, but I'd like to know if my laptop matches the minimum requirements for Windows 11. I've been reading and it needs at least a processor with two nucleus at 1GHz (mine has an  Intel Core i5-7200U), 4GB of RAM and 64GB of free storage space. Also it needs a graphics card that is compatible with DirectX 12 (mine has NVIDIA GeForce 940MX) and a motherboard that is compatible with TPM. I have the RAM and free storage required, but I don't really know about the rest. Thank you very much in advance.

As of now "NO" (see details later as MS hasn’t gotten its act together as it could change) but, your E5-565G is not compatible with Win-11, the Intel processors that you have is a 7th Gen and Win-11 compatibility starts from the 8th Gen types of CPU's from the i3-8100 to the i7-8665UE only and your motherboard has to have the TPM "Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0" chips to run Win-11. Also see here at Microsoft for all details on Win-11. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi julianagudelo,

As StevenGen said MS did not release the requirements to install the win10.