G3-710 Do I need to update my BIOS version and also how do i overclock my ram speed?

SoC_SiN
SoC_SiN Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Predator Desktops
I am running a Desktop Predator G3-710
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 
Memory: 32.0 GB (2x16 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz)
BIOS Version: R02-A2

How do I overclock my ram speed as it is currently stuck on 2133Mhz

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The predator desktops only support the JEDEC speed of the ram im afriad :( its not possible to enable XMP or overclock it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    My guess is you replaced the stock 2400MHz memory with some that was advertised as 3200MHz, but it turns out is actually 2133MHz with XMP profiles for 3200? You are better off going back to the stock memory, or purchasing more 2400 to bring the total memory up. The chipset only supports 2400MHz and not XMP profile overclocking.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The predator desktops only support the JEDEC speed of the ram im afriad :( its not possible to enable XMP or overclock it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    My guess is you replaced the stock 2400MHz memory with some that was advertised as 3200MHz, but it turns out is actually 2133MHz with XMP profiles for 3200? You are better off going back to the stock memory, or purchasing more 2400 to bring the total memory up. The chipset only supports 2400MHz and not XMP profile overclocking.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.