Is Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 a reliable laptop?

EmeyWhatson
EmeyWhatson Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops

I'm hoping to buy an Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I want to hear your thoughts about it before I make the purchase.

Here are the specifications.

Model Name: Aspire 5 A515-56
  • Intel Core i5-1135G7

• 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

• 15.6” FHD ComfyView (IPS) Technology, LED Backlight

• Nvidia GeForce MX350 2GB

• 1TB HDD + SSD slot available

• WiFi 6 & Bluetooth 5.0

I will be using this to Web conferencing, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop & Casual gaming. What are the Pros & Cons of this laptop? Can I count on it's performance?

Please share your opinions. It would help me a lot.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,815 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Hi @EmeyWhatson
    I have a 515-54G-70AG (2019) same size/weight as you plan to buy but with an older GPU MX250 and a faster I7 processor. I live in Asia and ComfyView here means TN not IPS so make sure you will get an IPS screen (Panda), still the resolution will be far from the high end laptops like Dell XPS. My concern with your model is
    • No keyboard backlight!
    I would not be able to work at night without a keyboard backlite, the smaller processor is of little concern.
    These are very reliable machines fully Windows11 compatible, If I were you I would go for the 54G if that one is still on the market, as I love the keyboard and the cache of the I7 is also larger (for multi tasking). I got 8 hours solid battery life the last 2 years but now down to 6 hours but still very good battery performance. My webcam is (poor) not W10 compatible but I am not using Zoom/Skype and maybe the later 56 model has a better camera? Mine also came without SSD (just 1 TB HDD) and I don't want a SSD as this is fast enough for me but gamers insist on SSD. If you can get your model 56 with a backlite keyboard go for it. 8 GB DDRam is sufficient, I never exceed 4 GB. Hope this is helpful

• EmeyWhatson
    EmeyWhatson Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm hoping to buy an Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I want to hear your thoughts about it before I make the purchase.

Here are the specifications.

Model Name: Aspire 5 A515-56
    • Intel Core i5-1135G7

• 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

• 15.6” FHD ComfyView (IPS) Technology, LED Backlight

• Nvidia GeForce MX350 2GB

• 1TB HDD + SSD slot available Tweakbox

• WiFi 6 & Bluetooth 5.0

I will be using this to Web conferencing, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop & Casual gaming. What are the Pros & Cons of this laptop? Can I count on it's performance?

Please share your opinions. It would help me a lot.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

issue gt solvedd!