Something is very off with temps PH717-72

Options
Hell_J
Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello everyone, 

I got laptop from local service where they changed the motherboard and now I'm getting pretty strange readings of CPU temp in Predator Sense.
CPU temp goes up to 80°C when on idle and I set max fan speed for 10min and it didn't lower the CPU temp bellow 76°C, that was 20 min ago.

Now I updated Windows and came back to Predator Sense and now it's on Auto fans and temp is:

I contacted service center and they said I can send it back so they check what is wrong, also I asked if I loose the warranty if I change thermal paste on CPU and they said that I don't loose the warranty just that I need to be careful not to break something. They also said it could be that sensors are not reading right temp now that motherboard is changed.

Also I had problem installing Predator Sense because they didn't change BIOS model name to Predator PH-717-72 but left it NG-PH717-72-77Y6 and because of that I was getting error message that computer is not supported. Somehow I managed to install Predator Sense by renaming "Predator PH717-72" folder in "plugs" to "NG-PH717-72-77Y6" but now I'm not 100% sure if it works as it should.

When I confronted technician and said that this is why they couldn't install Predator Sense themselves (because the technician said to me, during hand over, that they don't know why they were unable to install Predator Sense but they couldn't), he said that they CAN'T change model name because Windows 10 Home key (which is provided directly from Acer) is linked to motherboard and it wouldn't work if they changed that. That in case that laptop doesn't come with Windows 10 preactivated then they are able to change BIOS model name.

In Predator Sense i'm getting jumps from 50°C to 75°C in 0,5 sec after I open it. When it said that CPU is on 76°C, with fans on MAX, the air which was blowing from wents was cool.

I don't know what to do. To just go and repaste to see if it's just that or if maybe something else is wrong (like sensors) in which case I send it back or just send it back and tell them to fix it? 

Before motherboard broke I was getting 38-45°C on idle with fans 0-1000rpm from time to time.

Temp right now, 18:03, with fans on 0rpm:

Also to note, CPU temp doesn't go past 92°C when I'm gaming and have custom settings of fans on 2600rpm both, or on silent mode.