problems with aspire 5 a515-43-r19l,

NSTrains
NSTrains Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Aspire 5 a515-43-r19l, Windows 10 21h1 build 19043

most programs / apps won't open.

access denied when double clicking windows folder.

changing permissions to windows folder shows access denied 

gpedit.msc shows "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist."

regedit can't be found.

recovery mode account password gets rejected.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,446 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021

"NSTrains" try these steps first as I've been running Win-10 on many systems and the oldest is on a 10 year old laptop V3-571G that has had Win-10 since it was released and it just got updated today 16 July 2021 to the latest updates for version 21H1 and OS build 19043.1110 (see captions below) and I've never ever had problems like you are having and/or BSOD's, errors etc etc with this laptop as I've always done the following that I suggest that you do first and do the following:

Go to This PC > right click on boot drive C > Properties > Disk Cleanup > Clean up system files and then tick on Windows Update Cleanup / Microsoft Defender Antivirus/Windows update log files/Temporary Internet Files/Delivery Optimisation Files/Device driver packages/Recycle Bin/Temporary Files/Temporary Windows installation files 

Tick all these boxes of these titles and delete them to clean out your OS of all these unnecessary files and see if that reinstates your laptop. Also, you need to have all your AMD chipset and graphics and all other drivers up to date. Try all that first and see if that frees up your computer. Otherwise take your OS back to a date where your OS worked 100%. Also this problem is and could be also caused by a Malware/Virus-infected system that suffer from multiple issues including with "regedit can't be found" which that problem is where Windows cannot access the registry editor. By running a full system scan for the Malware/viruses in the safe mode may solve these problems.

Latest Win-10 for version 21H1 and OS build 19043.1110 updates as of 16 July 2021 for my V3-571G

• NSTrains
    SFC scan didn't find anything, disk cleanup didn't help, and windows update failed with Download error - 0x80070643

• NSTrains
    yay I fixed it, there was duplicate names under the security tab on the windows folder properties.