aspire 8735G randomly restarting all the time

tmartinhere
tmartinhere Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Acer Aspire 8735G Series

4 Gig Ram

160 gb HD

I attempted changing the hard drive, taking out the laptop battery, changing the power cord, cleaning the computer with air duster, reformatting, reinstalling windows, taking out ram sticks and putting them back in and still, this laptop will restart at random, usually before I can get a full reinstall done of windows. It doesn't have time to run hot so I don't see how it is a heating issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I know it is an older laptop, however, I only used it for 2 years since I bought it about 11 years ago brand new, so it hasn't seen much usage.

I also tried updating the bios and the bios doesn't have an advanced option for usb flashing. So I tried the windows environment install and it said Bios failed to update.

Link to acer support for my specific model:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/1782?b=1

Thanks

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder
    tmartinhere

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..  

Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.   Stay on the bios for 2 hours.   Check whether the computer is restarting. If it is restarting on the bios then it is  a hardware issue.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• tmartinhere
    It never restarts in Bios. Already tested. 
  • tmartinhere
    So I shut down the computer, half an hour later, it turned on , on its own. (it is restarting even when turned off).