Predator Orion 3000 P03-630 motherboard layout

AzzyAzzy Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

is there layout for PO3-630 motherboard somewhere? I simply can't find ports for sata cable to add new HDD.

Best Answer

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,179 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    And here's the layout from the Acer SG:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,736 Community Aficionado
    edited July 14
    Is it the same as this one :) (im hoping the 10 diffence in model nimber doesnt make too much of a difference)

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/941655/#Comment_941655
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
    The PO3-630 models haven't been released in the USA or Canada yet, so we don't yet have access to full specs or a service guide. The assumption is they will have MBs very much like the PO3-620 models, but we won't know until they show up here.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AzzyAzzy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Leostat and thanks for answer. Unfortunately it's not similar to P03-620 mainboard where sata ports are right next to memory. Here's picture from inside my PC:

At least my untrained eye can't find correct ports anywhere on it. Sata3 / Sata4 can be seen on top right corner but anything can't be connected to them. No idea where 1 & 2 are.
    Accepted Answer
    And here's the layout from the Acer SG:

• AzzyAzzy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you Billsey. Seems I have to remove graphic card first to connect sata cable. Not the best design in world if you ask me :(. Also I wonder why specs says it should have 4 sata connections.
  • GotBannedGotBanned Member Posts: 108 Skilled Fixer
    Looks like your board has unpopulated M.2 slot on it. I'd utilize that before any HDD. That is, if 1Tb is enough for your storage. If you need bigger than that the prices tend to jump up considerably. :( External HDD cases can be had for peanuts.
    The Spec I can see says two SATA drive bays and two M.2 SSD slots. Maybe that's where the four drives things was coming from. It does look like one of the M.2 SSD slots is PCIe 4.0 x4 and the other PCIe 3.0 x4/SATA.
  • frankøwwfrankøww Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi what does the sata cable look like which is to be put on sata 1 or sata 2 ..... 21-22 ......:/
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,736 Community Aficionado
    I think they are just standard sata , just the housing is a bit different
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • frankøwwfrankøww Member Posts: 3 New User
    okay i try again