Acer Aspire e1-571g_touchpad scroll

fango_vk
fango_vk Member Posts: 1 New User
I've read about win 10 scroll touchpad problem with e1-571 already, but non of the workaround works for me, so basically roll back driver and show/hide win 10 updates does not help at all, new or old driver does not show ELAN scroll option anywhere, also ELAN-properties are greyed out, so there's nothing to enable .. is it even possible to have ELAN driver/E1-571g/win 10 with scroll option?

thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Hi,
    Unfortunately this model doesn't have support for Win10, so I don't think you will find driver for Elan Touchpad to use in Win10 in this model.
  • KentL
    KentL Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an old Gateway NE56R41u, equivalent of the Acer Aspire e1-571g, and everything was working perfectly after I installed Windows 10, but some time in the Spring of 2021, Windows did an automatic update that totally disabled my Synaptics touchpad.  The latest Win 10 driver it assigns to it does not work, nor does replacing that driver with the old one for Win 8.1 offered on the Acer and Gateway websites.  Yet another instance of these tech companies sending things to landfills because of software updates they are unwilling to support.  Neither Acer (purchased Gateway), Microsoft, or Synaptics will own and fix this.  All three of them washed their hands of it.  Solution:  Apple.
  • maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Hi where you able to fix this? @fango_vk