How to update Acer Firmware to v21 when you have dead battery?

Ella07
Ella07 Member Posts: 1 New User
My laptop's battery is dead. It's been two years now but I can still use my laptop. I use Driver Easy to update my laptop's hardware and stuff. However, Driver Easy had updated my Acer Firmware from v20 to v21. And when I restarted my laptop, an error sign appeared saying that Battery is too low. It needs to have at least 20% of battery juice to proceed to update.

However, I have a dead battery. My laptop even says, "No Battery Detected". For how many months I usually bypass this error by just holding down the power button and turning it on again. Though, the update did not force through.

I badly need to update my Acer Firmware because Windows 11 is coming and I know I can't update my laptop since my battery is dead. (I can't even update Windows version 21H1 because it prompts me to finish my Acer Firmware update).

Is there any way to bypass this battery check? I tried searching for some solutions but it's quite complicated and I know the risk of bricking it. But, I can assure I have constant power source to avoid interruptions.