Travelmate 2490 Upgrade (Model BL50 )

Portosanto
Portosanto Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a travelmate 2490 ... running XP ... is it possible to upgrade this computer to windows 10 ? ... if its possible I was going to get a solid state drive and add more ram .... I know its a slower and older machine ... but its a nostalgic thing ... if I can do it .... any suggestions welcome please... its working fine and even logged in to write this question with no issues ... 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @Portosanto

Refer the link given below
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/189?b=1

This computer is designed for xp and vista.    Please dont try to use windows 10 on this computer.   Better buy a new computer with windows 10 or windows 11 preinstalled on it. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Needless to say, it is going to be really slow, just due to the technology changes... With that said:
    If you try to install W10, be sure to use the 32bit version. Also be sure you are already maxed out at the full 2GB of memory. Do your install first on the HDD and test for stability before buying a SSD. Many of the drivers will be missing in the W10 install so try manual installations in compatibility mode for the Vista drivers available on the Acer support site. There's no guarantee it will work, but as long as you don't have to spend money on the test you can give it a try.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.