TPM for Aspire 5755G

St3ve
St3ve Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, do not have tpm.msc in setting or tpm in bios.  Will a bios update be released for the 5755G so that i can access Windows 11.

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I dont think the model has one :(

if you run powershell as an admin and type
    get-tpm

What gets returned?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    St3ve said:
    Hi, do not have tpm.msc in setting or tpm in bios.  Will a bios update be released for the 5755G so that i can access Windows 11.

Unfortunately St3ve you’re old Aspire 5755G with its 2nd Gen CPU and its old chipset mobo doesn’t have support and/or have a TPM chip and you can't run Win-11 on it. Microsoft with its new Win-11 have forced consumers to upgrade to new hardware and virtually throw their laptops and desktops away into landfills (as Win-10 will only be supported for the next max 3 years) and so much for their theories of conservation and saving the planet! 

I suggest that you look at this guide and this method of “Chris Titus Tech Installing and Using Win-11 on a 10 year old PC” and install Win-11 that way, if you want to install Win-11? As there will be other methods for consumers to install Win-11 on older laptops and desktops! All Microsoft are doing with Win-11 is forcing consumers to buy new hardware and forcing consumers off their platform, it’s very sad and unnecessary IMO what these giant tech companies are doing today to consumers and how they are forcing people into their traps all across the board both technologically and politically! 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I dont think the model has one :(

if you run powershell as an admin and type
    get-tpm

What gets returned?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    St3ve said:

Unfortunately St3ve you’re old Aspire 5755G with its 2nd Gen CPU and its old chipset mobo doesn’t have support and/or have a TPM chip and you can't run Win-11 on it. Microsoft with its new Win-11 have forced consumers to upgrade to new hardware and virtually throw their laptops and desktops away into landfills (as Win-10 will only be supported for the next max 3 years) and so much for their theories of conservation and saving the planet! 

I suggest that you look at this guide and this method of “Chris Titus Tech Installing and Using Win-11 on a 10 year old PC” and install Win-11 that way, if you want to install Win-11? As there will be other methods for consumers to install Win-11 on older laptops and desktops! All Microsoft are doing with Win-11 is forcing consumers to buy new hardware and forcing consumers off their platform, it’s very sad and unnecessary IMO what these giant tech companies are doing today to consumers and how they are forcing people into their traps all across the board both technologically and politically! 

• St3ve
    St3ve Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Leostat and SteveGen Many thanks for your responses. 

First to Leostat - ran powershell as an administrator and received 'false' for most of the responses so take it I am out of luck regarding TPM.

SteveGen -  agree with your comments re MS and as to my ageing laptop, pity Win 11 wont be available to me with my current set up bit it has done well to last so long and I hope it will serve me for a few more years.  Will have a look at Chris Titus Tech.

Again many thanks
  • SujayGiri2009
    SujayGiri2009 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Thanks to you I just saw my broken 5755g laying around. you can force install Windows 11 but I haven't tested it yet. I will try to fix my Acer and i will test it with Windows 11 and see if it is working.