Windows 10 killing touchpads - Acer Aspire E5 - 411 - C5Z7

MaverickUK
MaverickUK Member Posts: 5 New User
Windows 10 killing touchpads - Acer Aspire E5 - 411 - C5Z7

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder
    MaverickUK

If you have any issues in using the touchpad please let us know.   If your touchpad is not working try fn + f6, or just press f6 or f7 key alone on the keyboard. 

If you would like to disable/enable the touchpad, please press and hold  fn key on the keyboard and then press f6 or f7 once.    If the touchpad is not getting disabled/enabled you can either press f6 alone or f7 alone without holding the fn key.      It is used to enable or disable the touchpad..    

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MaverickUK
    MaverickUK Member Posts: 5 New User
    Sorry original message sent in error can I delete it? - Full message should be as follows:

Windows 10 updates are killing Acer touchpads - Acer Aspire E5 - 411 - C5Z7 - It has been driving me crazy for last few months and nothing works to correct it. The Acer Bios also seems to have been hijacked by useless win 10 (July 2021) My laptop is a 2015 version with all updates. never had an issue with touchpad and when it does disappear Fn f7 etc do nothing, apart from lose the keyboard occasionally. I tried getting rid of windows and using Ubuntu which was not much fn but it did restore the touchpad so  knew then it was a windows 10 issue being the cause. 
    Anyway cut a long story short and many hours of wasted time trying to fix it. It turns out the problem is with the Intel io drivers.

I think I found this tip on here but cant find the source now but thanks anyway guys.

The link for the intel io drivers is here 32 and 64 bit and I have had no trouble since apart from when dozy windows does an update and buggers it up again. Just reinstall the drivers. It adds a HID thing to device manager mouse and others section.

THIS FIXES LOST TOUCHPAD ISSUES in ACER LAPTOP