issue with my Aspire TC-885. (removed old HHD) it but I have an error popping up

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: TC 885 and Optane Memory - Cannot Enable.

Answers

• fish22
    fish22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Guys, I have an issue with my Aspire TC-885. I have just cloned my new Samsung SATA SSD Hard drive and fitted (removed old HHD) it but I have an error popping up - Manage disc with a yellow triangle on my PCIe SSD (13GB) (CONTROLLER 2 Port 0) It has not started a couple of times (I have to go in to the Boot menu and enter on new Samsung SSD) but it does start the majority of the time. What is on that PCIe stick? and is it causing an issue on boot up? I have cloned befor an never had this issue on my Dell PC. Please help :anguished:

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @fish22

Can you start a new thread? Is the PCIe stick the Optane memory or a flash drive that you are talking about? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Yes, is the new drive in the M.2 slot or did you leave the Optane in the M.2 and just swap a HDD for a SSD in a SATA port? You shouldn't try to run an Optane/SSD combo, since the Optane caching will get confused when paired with a SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.