Battery draining issue aspire 7

Prakhar014
Prakhar014 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I bought a aspire 7 laptop 3 months back ! It ran completely fine untill 10 days ago.. it started heating excessively .. the fan starts to spin at full speed but no use.. due to the heat its battery drains in less than an hour .. which used to run upto 5-6 hours before without any issue .. i DON'T play games just use browser for surfing.. please provide me a fix or atleast guide me what should I do .. 
Thank you very much in advance

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Task Manager to see what applications or processes are causing too much CPU usage and heat buildup. It might be a non-Microsoft virus scanner  like McAfee, Norton, Malwarebytes, Avast etc running too much in the background. They should be uninstalled as most users don't need them anymore as long as Microsoft Defender and MaliciousSoftwareTool are installed.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open TaskManager to see what apps or programs are causing too much CPU usage and heat. If you have non-M icrosoft virus scanners running, uninstall them as they're not really needed anymore for most users.

Jack E/NJ

• bunnyboffin
    bunnyboffin Member Posts: 2 New User
    well, I am using an aspire 5 and facing the same issues many others using nitro 5 are also facing the same issues, the heating and fan spinning at full speed issues are the same faced by me. I played games earlier but this problem started just a month ago there is no actual proof of what is draining the battery. just check your processor speed too. I would suggest you to replace the laptop as soon as possible. If it is in warranty do it.

Replacing the battery is not the solution the technician will simply say that the battery's life is good and we don't get permission to replace it until any hardware fault is detected.