WHAT IS BEST HARDDRIVE OR SSD PREDATOR 300 G3-572-79RS

Options
HERMS123
HERMS123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
WHAT IS BEST HARDDRIVE OR SSD FOR HELIOS PREDATOR 300 G3-572-79RS ? AND IS THIS MODEL COMPITAPLE WITH 1TB NVME ? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021
    Options
    HERMS123

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

Maximum Memory32GB
    Maximum Memory Per Slot16GB
    Number Of Memory Sockets2

Yes it support 1 TB NVME

Please refer the link given below 

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555462/is-there-an-nvme-m-2-ssd-slot-in-predator-helios-300-g3-572

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/575343/ram-and-ssd-upgrade-specifications-helios-300s-g3-572

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options
    HERMS123 said:
    WHAT IS BEST HARDDRIVE OR SSD FOR HELIOS PREDATOR 300 G3-572-79RS ? AND IS THIS MODEL COMPITAPLE WITH 1TB NVME ? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Just as an addition, this is the Acer OEM recommended memory and hard drives for your G3-572-79RS:

Memory:

M.2 drives:

Note: 
    with all disk drives the windows formatting rules apply, MBR/Legacy format mode supports all drives up to 2TB while the GPT/UEFI format supports drives above 2TB.

Recommended specs for 2.5 inch spinner HDD's or 2.5 inch SSD's

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello, I think you can put in any SSD NVME M.2 2280 drive. Crucial has some options, but pretty much all SSD drives are the same.

This is from another thread:

Hi,
    Yes, you can install that M.2 SSD, install MiniTool Partition wizard(Free) and use Migrate feature to transfer your OS to 1TB HDD, remove the M.2 SSD (128GB), install the Samsung SSD(500GB) and migrate the OS from HDD to it.
    Once you migrated to 500GB Samsung SSD, remove the 1TB SSD and boot with the new 500GB SSD, then delete the OS from 1TB HDD once you make sure that your new Samsung M.2 SSD working without any problem.
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/

• Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I did that Crucial memory check and no one gave any of their memory sets more than 2 out of 5 stars. Once you get the type and speed memory for your machine, I would buy it elsewhere.
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options

After reading the reviews on Crucial,  all the complaints were with the website and for unfilled orders, not the memory. People seemed happy with the ram. It's just that the orders were not being filled very fast when you used the company website. ram that showed in-stock on line, was not really there and didn't ship and people got mad and gave bad reviews. If you can find what you need somewhere else more reliable, it might work out better for you.

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Smegma11 said:

After reading the reviews on Crucial,  all the complaints were with the website and for unfilled orders, not the memory. People seemed happy with the ram. It's just that the orders were not being filled very fast when you used the company website. ram that showed in-stock on line, was not really there and didn't ship and people got mad and gave bad reviews. If you can find what you need somewhere else more reliable, it might work out better for you.

Today it's such small difference between manufacturers of SSD and RAM. They all use almost the same technology and me personally never heard of someone having problems with performance because of manufacturer. It's probably some minor % difference between them, nothing you would actually feel or see.

I had problem with one Ripjaws  RAM because it was DOA, other than that everything worked perfect. Had Corsair, Kingstone, Crucial and G.Skill.

Now I have Crucial RAM in my Helios 700 and it works great.
    And as for SSD I have Kingstone A2000 M.2 - 1 tb - 2 pcs and SSD 2.5" Samsung EVO 860 - 1tb

In another Helios 700 I have Crucial SSD 2.5" - 480gb along with 2xM.2 and it works great. Haven't had any problems so far.