PH315-53 I want both of my fans run at 6000 rpm...

Options
Blood_luSt
Blood_luSt Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
Helios 300 just bought 2 months ago rtx 3060 105w 10870h PH315-53 ..why my cpu fan has low rpm ? Is that a defect or normal? Using predator sense for speed control

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Comments

• Manxie
    Manxie Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Have you tried clicking on the Max button in the middle to see if that does it?  On my Orion 5000 (desktop) the middle button is called "Gaming".  Most of the time I just leave mine on Auto and it increases the fan speed up and down depending upon load.
  • Manxie
    Options
    I'm on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 at the moment and the fans are on Auto and now running at 1496 rpm at the front and 1548 rpm at the back.
  • Manxie
    Options
    If I go to "Gaming" it goes to 1503 rpm and 1507 rpm.  Back to Auto... 1496 and 1544 rpm.
  • Manxie
    Options
    When I exit out of Microsoft Flight Simulator it goes to 609 rpm at the front and 648 rpm at the back with just Chrome and email running.  This PC runs one fan at the front and two at the back.  It has a GeForce RTX 2060 Super graphics card.

Hope this helps.

• Manxie
    Options
    Sorry, that should read 2 (fans) at the front and one at the back!
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    They are 2 completely different kind of fans and aren't supposed to run the same speed. Their max is their max.
  • Manxie
    Options
    Thanks.  I didn't know that.  
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    The blades  used to look different, but they look more similar on the newer units. The GPU fan is the one on the left side when you open the back. You can watch a YouTube video of one being swapped out under warranty.
  • Manxie
    Options
    Thanks for that.  They seem to work well.  I just leave them on "Auto".