Acer Predator Orion 3000 po3 620 CPU cooler upgrade questions

Options
nefireous
nefireous Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello! I have recently purchased this PC, and i'm looking to upgrade the CPU cooler on it since it tends to run hot.

However, I have never owned a prebuilt, and i'd like clarity on a few things.
  1. What's the maximum size of CPU cooler I can put in it(Or coolers have you installed?)
  2. What's the process of removing the mobo like?
  3. How in the heck do I remove the back panel on the case? It doesn't have traditional screws on it. Do I just break them?
  4. Does anyone who owns this PC have any words of wisdom?
I appreciate any responses. I'm currently really enjoying this PC, everything from it's looks to it's performance, I just wish I could get it a bit cooler.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    nefireous said:
    Hello! I have recently purchased this PC, and i'm looking to upgrade the CPU cooler on it since it tends to run hot.

1. What's the maximum size of CPU cooler I can put in it(Or coolers have you installed?)
    3. How in the heck do I remove the back panel on the case? It doesn't have traditional screws on it. Do I just break them?
    I appreciate any responses. I'm currently really enjoying this PC, everything from it's looks to it's performance, I just wish I could get it a bit cooler.

My suggestion to you and for the Intel 10th Gen CPU's and especially if you intend gaming and doing high graphics with your PO3-620 the best and first thing is to measure your space that you have, then look up the dimensions of these fans as water cooling solutions are the best but you have to have the space to fit a sealed 2 fan water cooling type setup like the “Cooler Master ML240L RGB V2” or see some other solutions from Corsair also (depends on your budget) 

With a dry fan only cooling, I suggest the Arctic Freezer 7X or Pure Rock 2 and with the also the lower profile fans (which are not as good) the Noctua which has two notable low profile offerings: the NH-L9i which is just 37mm tall including the slim fan, or the NH-L9x65 which is 65mm tall in total. With your disassembly of the case, see the PDF I’ve attached below of “Opening the chassis and bezel” as that is how you disassemble these clip type cases as you have to do them procedurally and step by step.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    nefireous said:

My suggestion to you and for the Intel 10th Gen CPU's and especially if you intend gaming and doing high graphics with your PO3-620 the best and first thing is to measure your space that you have, then look up the dimensions of these fans as water cooling solutions are the best but you have to have the space to fit a sealed 2 fan water cooling type setup like the “Cooler Master ML240L RGB V2” or see some other solutions from Corsair also (depends on your budget) 

With a dry fan only cooling, I suggest the Arctic Freezer 7X or Pure Rock 2 and with the also the lower profile fans (which are not as good) the Noctua which has two notable low profile offerings: the NH-L9i which is just 37mm tall including the slim fan, or the NH-L9x65 which is 65mm tall in total. With your disassembly of the case, see the PDF I’ve attached below of “Opening the chassis and bezel” as that is how you disassemble these clip type cases as you have to do them procedurally and step by step.