Aspire 3 A315-21 62YQ Can I upgrade my processor

Options
Mura
Mura Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops

I am having Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 62YQ laptop and running with AMD A6 9220E Radeon A4

I want to change the CPU to something better bcuz my laptop is too slow

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Mura said:

I am having Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 62YQ laptop and running with AMD A6 9220E Radeon A4

I want to change the CPU to something better bcuz my laptop is too slow

First, if your laptop is slow then its not due to your CPU speed factor only, it could be that you haven’t updated Win-10 and all its drivers and it also depends if you are running an OEM M.2/​B-M-Key (SATA 6GB/​s) as the boot drive and its condition and size e.g. if that boot drive is full then performance decreases considerably as its best to have a boot only drive with all your personal files on a slave drive, which you can do on your A315-21. Also and another important factor is to upgrade your RAM (see caption below) to the max RAM of the A315-21 of 16GB with a 1x module of 16GB DDR4-2666MHz into its one socket for memory, all this will improve your performance as CPU's are not the main criteria for speed as a laptop/computers performance is all an integrated and a combination of appropriate and a combination of the right components.

With replacing the CPU you can't change the CPU as its soldered onto the motherboard but, you can replacement the motherboard of your A315-21 with a higher CPU like the A9-9420 that also has a dedicated graphics of the AMD Radeon™ R4 that came with the A315-21G, so try to find that motherboard to replace your OEM motherboard. Your A315-21 comes with different CPU's (see below) and your AMD Core A6-9220 CPU is the 2nd highest AMD CPU for the A315-21 model and you can upgrade (if you can find another higher spec motherboard?) to the highest A315-21 spec AMD Core A9-9420, that is all you can do as to change and resolder a new higher spec CPU is very expensive and twice the cost of replacing a motherboard.

Note; to change and resolder a CPU on a laptop is a very hard and expensive job if a technician can do it? As not many technicians can and you need a very experienced technician to do this that has the right equipment, as a CPU resolder job is not like doing an ordinary soldering job and it also depends if you can get a higher spec bare bone CPU for your laptop?