Can the Intel Core i5-1035g1 be upgraded in the Acer Aspire 3 A315-56-594W laptop?

Old_PC_Guy
Old_PC_Guy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I recently picked up this Acer Aspire 3 A315-56-594W laptop on clearance at a local walmart for $89.00 and, with only 2 months left on the warranty, (it was a floor demo), I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade the CPU from the Core i5 it has presently to a Core i7 or i9 without too much trouble?

I've upgraded the wireless card to one that includes Bluetooth, and replaced the Kingston 256GB M.2 card with a 2TB TeamGroup MP33 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD card, (also upgraded the system OS to Win 10 Pro): These were worthwhile upgrades and, relatively easy to make. Upgrading the RAM, beyond 8GB is a concern for me as, I am unsure whether or not an asymmetric configuration would negatively impact system memory access, since 4gb is hard soldered to the system board and is, (theoretically at least), not upgradable; (a non-dual channel configuration could halve memory access performance by potentially limiting RAM a to single channel mode.)
With the above considerations in mind, I seem to be left with only one further performance enhancement option which is reasonable, in consideration of device configuration limitations, (this isn't a Dell after all), which is why I am asking if anyone knows if the CPU is relatively easy to replace, (i.e., not soldered to the system board)?

Answers