My spin5 sp513 54n laptop screen has stopped working

Eliben77
Eliben77 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi. I bought this acer laptop from amazon just 4 month ago and its screen is not working.  External screen works. Who can help me with this? I  live in Israel and bought it from American Amazon 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Does the screen not work at all, or does it display the splash screen, then go off when Windows loads?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eliben77

Tinkerer

The screen was black all the time.  But external screen worked. Even touch was working. So I have realised that this happened after windows update.  Eventually I have made full reset , and the screen started working again. Thank you very much! 
  • billsey
    Good to know and glad you got it sorted. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eliben77

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Good to know and glad you got it sorted. :)
    And after 2 days the problem is back :( same thing - everything is working, even touch, external screen is working, but black screen in laptop
  • Bry2sy
    Bry2sy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the same problem with my spin 5 513-54n. Went to Acer service center 2 weeks ago and still waiting until now. So unreliable, I hope i can just get a refund since i just bought it 6 months ago and I am not even a heavy user. 
  • billsey
    Did that same update reinstall?
  • Eliben77

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Did that same update reinstall?
    Nothing happened. I didnt reinstall anything. The screen was working and then the next time i wanted to use the laptop it didnt turn on. Maid a multiple resets and it didnt help. Now im thinking that its not software.
  • Eliben77

Tinkerer

Bry2sy said:
    Had the same problem with my spin 5 513-54n. Went to Acer service center 2 weeks ago and still waiting until now. So unreliable, I hope i can just get a refund since i just bought it 6 months ago and I am not even a heavy user. 
    Unfortutately for me i got mine just 4 month ago and I use it for learning, but I live in Israel, so cannot bring it to the service center. Youre right about unreliable, this was my first and last ACER
  • Bidyut
    Bidyut Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Same problem here. External display works but laptop display remain black. Touch also works.
  • tonnitte
    tonnitte Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Did anyone find a way to resolve this? I am having the same issue and I have tried to reinstall Windows and Graphics drivers several times, I still can't get back my screen to work
  • Tdtman
    Tdtman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem for me but even external display does not work!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Tdtman,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Tzvika
    Tzvika Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi All,

Just got the same problame 2 days ago.

Any solution?

• billsey

@Tzvika rather than camping out on a thread from 2021, please start a new thread using the Ask a Question button. Include your full model number, a description of the problem (does yours also work with an external screen like the original post?) and what you have tried so far to diagnose the problem. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SP513-54N-xxxx.