Acer Spin 713 Enterprise enrolment

Options
nigelw
nigelw Member Posts: 5 New User
Has anyone tried enrolling a Spin 713 in Workspace? It's listed as a Chrome Enterprise chromebook with a bundled upgrade https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9773699?hl=en

I spoke to Google support earlier and they said I should contact the seller to get this. Not sure how the licencing works.

Answers

• CalvinChu
    CalvinChu Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    The reason this is happening is Acer is advertising a feature that costs extra, then when you paid extra for that feature, they shipped you a laptop that does not have the bundled offering and when you call their support, they will 1) pretend not to know what their advertised feature is, 2) try to get you to buy that feature again for hundreds of dollars, 3) blame it on google, 4) pretend that you're a school and give you the wrong support, 5) make you buy another laptop and return the one they messed up on, 6) give you the royal run around.  
  • CalvinChu
    CalvinChu Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    The specific model they messed up on is cp713-3w-7888.  I have purchased MANY of these this week and each and every single one of these does not include the required enterprise license.  So I know this is not a fluke or a one off.  I also know, from spending many hours talking to people that Level 1 support has not a clue what to do, and will proceed to waste your time.  I also spoke to Level 2 and at least the ones I spoke to is entirely puzzled by this too.  So in short, Acer offered you a feature, and failed to deliver it.