Help with ordering an EDP cable for Predator Helios 300 (PH317-52)

Options
JdgLion
JdgLion Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

First of all, thank you to everyone here that helped me identify the problem with my laptop screen flickering/going black - it really is the EDP cable. I used the youtube tutorial given here, took the cable out and put it back in - and it almost solved the problem. The problem still occurs occasionally, especially if for some reason I apply pressure to that part of monitor (e.g. while opening/closing the laptop).

I want to buy a new EDP cable, and replace the old one. However, I'm not sure, based on the picture of the cable, what to look for while ordering.

This is what it says on the cable:
C7MMH_LCD_EDP_CABLE
DC02002VS00
HLN (KT) REV:1A
2018/11/01

So, the problem is - I don't know what part is crucial to buy a new cable. Is it just DC02002VS00? Because, I found one online that's called DC02002VS00-HIG1, but I can't find what HIG1 means, and if it's compatible with my model.

Please help. Also, if you have any advice on purchasing the cable, please let me know. I'm not well informed on the topic.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    JdgLion

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JdgLion
    JdgLion Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for the answer.

I would really like to support the Acer store, but I can't find the information since I don't know the answer to my original question.

I'd like to know based on this information:
    C7MMH_LCD_EDP_CABLE
    DC02002VS00
    HLN (KT) REV:1A
    2018/11/01

... what is the relevant part to either search for on the acer store, or (if they don't have it) googling it. Is it the DC02002VS00 part? Does it matter if it's HLN or something else? Is C7MMH a relevant piece of information? I'm simply confused as to what to look for.