Spin 713 - mouse/cursor keeps disappearing.

EvilPickle
EvilPickle Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Like title says, the mouse/cursor on my Spin 713 keeps disappearing. Touchscreen still works, but no mouse/cursor even when using the touchscreen.  It does come back randomly after shutting it down for a while, like overnight.  But it's not guaranteed to bring it back.  Verified all touchpad/mouse settings are correct and haven't been messed with.  Not that I'm seeing the one that says "randomly make cursor go away."  Resetting, soft and hard, doesn't bring it back.  Even tried a 'Powerwash', and it's still MIA.

Anyone ever have this issue and get it solved?  Seems like a silly thing to have to send it back for service, but it really sucks not having a mouse/cursor.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or help. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Normal behavior is to only display the cursor for mouse movements, which you don't really have with the touch screen. The touch pad should show a cursor though, as would an external mouse.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EvilPickle
    EvilPickle Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Normal behavior is to only display the cursor for mouse movements, which you don't really have with the touch screen. The touch pad should show a cursor though, as would an external mouse.
    Tested that with my daughters Chromebook. You are correct, the mouse disappears as soon as you start typing.  So this means that the trackpad is probably not working so it won't show the mouse.  Will contact Acer about it.  Thanks!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Let us know how it comes out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • geronimo0725
    geronimo0725 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I had the mouse cursor jumping all over the screen problem for months.  Changed mouse, changed settings, used different usb ports, even bought a new LED desk lamp.  Technical support had me reset everything to factory.  Nothing helped.

Then, one day I was looking in device manager under Human Interface Devices and saw the Go TrustID device.  Disabled it and mouse started working perfectly.  Uninstalled that pos bloatware and problem solved forever.

I understand why Acer might want to offer this app to their customers, but they shouldn't activate it.  Months of aggravation for me for no good reason.