My Acer Aspire 3 is stuck with the logo and loading symbol

SonyaO
SonyaO Member Posts: 2 New User
When I try turn it on it just comes up with the acer logo and the loading symbol spinning underneath it. And then after I leave it for a while it will go to a black screen then come back and do the same thing. Its driving me crazy as there is stuff on it that I need :( I have tried pressing the F2 button and the alt and f10 buttons etc to try get to the blue screen with options but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas please

Answers

• SonyaO
    SonyaO Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry, it's an Acer Aspire 3 if that makes a difference
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,783 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    SonyaO said:
    Sorry, it's an Acer Aspire 3 if that makes a difference
    First give us the exact model number e.g. Spin SP51X-XXN etc as there are many Acer Aspire 3 model and Aspire 3 means nothing. With your problem there could be numerous things that are going on, first turn off the laptop by keeping your finger on the power button pressed until it turns off, then reset the Battery with a paperclip in the underside pinhole (see caption below at No2) as that simulates removing and reinstalling the battery. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. If this does not work then do the Intermittent Problems check below.

Intermittent Problems

Intermittent system hang problems can be caused by a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with a hardware defect, such as: cosmic radiation, electrostatic discharge, or software errors. FRU replacement should be considered only when a recurring problem exists.

When analysing an intermittent problem, perform the following:

1. Run the advanced diagnostic test for the system board in loop mode at least 10 times.

2. If no error is detected, do not replace any FRU.

3. If an error is detected, replace the FRU. Rerun the test to verify that there are no more errors.

If all the above does not fix your pre boot problem then you can try booting the laptop with the Windows Installation USB but, make sure that you go into BIOS (press the F2 key just after when the lpatop turns on) and change the first boot order to USB media and then reboot your laptop into the Windows Installation USB > Repair your computer > Advanced options > then either choose System Restore if you want to restore to the last restore point or use the Start-up repair, try those two repair options and see if they work?

Btw, it would be allot easier if you have an image backup as you should always do a periodic backup of your operating and file system for cases like these, best is to do a backup with a software like Macrium Reflect Free that has a features to restore your operating system and an option that is installed onto your laptops as pre boot screen to activate the restore.