Aspire C24-963 Why does Acer & Intel not support Windows 10 Pro

Rosalyn
Rosalyn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in All-In-One PCs
My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, yet driver downloads (from both Acer & Intel) are only Windows 10, it's not the same operating system.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,871 Trailblazer
    Rosalyn said:
    My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, yet driver downloads (from both Acer & Intel) are only Windows 10, it's not the same operating system.

Firstly what laptop are we talking about? What is your laptop model number? I don’t mean to be disrespectful but this is basic knowledge that and If the drivers are named “WINDOWS 10” then they are 100% and fully compatible with “WINDOWS 10 PRO” and will work 100%!!!  

• veronicasegura
    veronicasegura Member Posts: 1 New User
    You can always try out Windows 10 on it first without activating and see if Windows 10 detects all the hardware - which it should. If it doesn't you can always reset and reinstall Windows 8.1 which will work. Here are the steps for Windows 10, I will post the Windows 8.1 reinstall instructions in another reply.
    Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, index then perform a clean install.
  • Rosalyn

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    It's not a laptop, it's a desktop pc, it came with Windows Home, but my registered product key is for Windows 10 Pro. Thanks, but I'm not interested in Windows 8.1
  • Rosalyn

Tinkerer

Acer Aspire C24-963 all-in-one desktop pc
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    The drivers are the same between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. What's not working right on yours?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.