Thermal paste replacement PH315-53-57VP

TotoMark79
TotoMark79 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops
Is anybody replaced the thermal paste on your predator & use an aftermarket thermal paste? Is there any changes? I have PH315-53-57VP Predator Helios 300 i5 10th rtx2060.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ison
    ison Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi there, where did you buy the twin external cooler for your laptop?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,885 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Use the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme for normal paste and make sure that the whole top part of the cpu/gpu is covered by the thermal paste with a thin layer that doesn't spillover when the thermal module is applied and fixed, if you use your laptop for extreme gaming the best thermal paste is the Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound. but be very careful with liquid metal compounds as they are conductive and have to be applied exactly as per instructions and not too much paste applied to the cpu/gpu as and if they leak they will destroy your mobos circuitries and cpu or gpu. Also never ever apply the K5 PRO viscous thermal paste in replacement of thermal pads, as this paste is not as good as the normal pads, you should only change thermal pads with similar type of pads that were fitted OEM to your laptop, Thermal Grizzly also make some of the best thermal pads around.

• TotoMark79
    TotoMark79 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

@ison I bought it on Shopee. It's an exhaust fans.