Long black screen / no display before Acer logo and UEFI setting keep resetting ( ES1-432)

Notrap
Notrap Member Posts: 3 New User
So, at first im trying to upgrade my UEFI from 1.07 to 1.28. It turns out that some newer version of the UEFI have decreases memory speed problem ( from 1600 to 1333 mhz ), so i ended up downgrading it back to 1.07. Then i got these 2 problem :
1. After i pressed the power button to turn it on, it goes to black screen / no display for long time ( 1 - 10 minutes for the longest ) before Acer logo comes. The power indicator did turn on at that black screen / no display process
2. Then my UEFI setting keep resetting. It just back to default setting right after i saved the setting and reboot.

Sorry, english is not my native language :(. I hope you guys understand. Feel free to ask me anything my problem and condition.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    You can try to test the next new version( 1.08) to see if the resetting is gone.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Notrap
    Notrap Member Posts: 3 New User
    AnhEZ28 said:
    You can try to test the next new version( 1.08) to see if the resetting is gone.
    Just try it, and the problem still persist
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    If Windows boots, open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do in left pane'. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. The shutdown Windows normally. Then turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to try to enter the BIOS menu. Press Ctrl+S in the Main, Security and Advanced (if it exists) tabs for any hidden options. If none, press F9 to set BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit. Test boot speed again.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Notrap,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​