Acer Swift 5 - SF514-55TA The brightness keep changing automatically

Kshrestha
Kshrestha Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 28 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello, please help me to resolve the issue. I've recently bought a Swift SF514-55TA - the brightness keep changing automatically, I couldn't able to figure out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    Kshrestha

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software related issue.   Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.  -  It will go to bios.   Stay on the bios.   Check the brightness.    If  the brightness is looking good then it is  a software related issue.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Kshrestha,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• Kshrestha
    Kshrestha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks guys for trying to resolve but I tried resetting battery, and also checked at bios pressing F2. Still brightness keep changing... couldn't fix the issue. :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    If the brightness changes while in the BIOS then we know it's not an issue with Windows (or any other OS for that matter). Can you tell if it's better or worse if you move the screen?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Adamya
    Adamya Member Posts: 4 New User

i have experienced the same, it's not a big deal , it increases the sceen brightness if your background is white, and cause's flickering for short time 1second or so if the wallpaper is mixture of light and dark lines, because it adjust brightness for that duration after adjustment the flickering stops.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 700

May we also know what is the power mode settings of your device? Please open Settings > Power > Power mode. Note that if your device is set to Best power efficiency, it may reduce performance to save the battery and screen brightness will also be reduced. Set it to Balanced or Best performance.

This discussion has been closed.