My discrete gpu keeps turning on and off continuously PH 317-52.

Options
2»

Answers

• Lukaswe
    Lukaswe Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Same issue for me. I'm running out of ideas, i tried many drivers, virus scans, windows reinstalls, i was even thinking about reflashing vbios, no solution so far
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Lukaswe said:
    Same issue for me. I'm running out of ideas, i tried many drivers, virus scans, windows reinstalls, i was even thinking about reflashing vbios, no solution so far
    check this topic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming#latest
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lukaswe
    Options
    Lukaswe said:
    check this topic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming#latest
    We are talking about fluctuating usage of GPU mostly while laptop is idle, there's no drop in performance, just battery drain. I went in depth with this problem and tried to fix it with multiple drivers, reinstalling OS, different power management settings in both, windows and Nvidia drivers, tracking culprit with GPU shark and process explorer. Nothing to share so far. Reinstalling drivers always does the job until i reboot 2nd, after that fluctuating starts and never stops
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lukaswe
    edited August 2021
    Options
    PH 317-52. Noticed artifacts when running uniengine heaven benchmark, ONLY when tessellation is on.
    Went so far to install windows 11, issue is still there
  • Lukaswe
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Update:
    One might think that it's tessellation unit being damaged due to artifacts with it enabled but further investigation revealed something else is being drawn in DX 11 mode of heaven benchmark, and tessellation is just being drawn over it when enabled
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This issue may be related to some nvidia video card issue.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Lukaswe
    Options
    Setting multi display power saver via Nvidia inspector does prevent artifacts from happening in heaven benchmark and games with heavy tessellation usage
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do these artifacts appear on the laptop's display?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hruthik
    hruthik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same problem. But I found the solution. The problem is because of the nvidia in-game overlay. Solution is reinstalling the gpu driver and never using nvidia in-game overlay again. You can still use any other application instead like msi afterburner.
  • emmyfreed24
    emmyfreed24 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I went in depth with this problem and tried to fix it with multiple drivers, reinstalling OS, different power management settings in both, windows and Nvidia drivers, tracking culprit with GPU shark and process explorer. Nothing to share so far. Reinstalling drivers always does the job until i reboot 2nd, after that fluctuating starts and never stops, The latest nvidia 471.11 graphics driver caused the same problem. Wireclub You need to install an older nvidia graphics driver.
  • emmyfreed24
    emmyfreed24 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I went in depth with this problem and tried to fix it with multiple drivers, reinstalling OS, different power management settings in both, windows and Nvidia drivers, tracking culprit with GPU shark and process explorer. Nothing to share so far. Reinstalling drivers always does the job until i reboot 2nd, after that fluctuating starts and never stops, The latest nvidia 471.11 graphics driver caused the same problem. Wireclub You need to install an older nvidia graphics driver.