My discrete gpu keeps turning on and off continuously PH 317-52.

Options
Depressedteen
Depressedteen Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter
edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
The nvidia 1660ti gpu in my acer predator laptop keeps turning on and off. When i check the acer preadtor app one second it says discrete gpu is off next second it displays the temprature . This continuonous cycle keeps on happening and im really confused what to do . Thank you in advance for all your help

Answers

• Depressedteen
    Options
    Please help me im really confused what to do

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options
    Does this happen when you are gaming?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Does this happen when you are gaming?
    no it happens when its idle or im just casual browsing . it just keeps turning on and of contniuously . Thank you in advance for your help

• AnhEZ28
    edited June 2021
    Options
    The turning on and off just show in Predator Sense app? Not like the display goes flickering?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    The turning on and off just show in Predator Sense app? Not like the display goes flickering?
    yes i use the predator sense app and it shows in thatt 
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:

• AnhEZ28
    Options
    If the display is not flickering, then you are fine. Those on off is from Predator Sense forcing the discrete GPU to show the info. It will be constant when you left a game running in the background.
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    If the display is not flickering, then you are fine. Those on off is from Predator Sense forcing the discrete GPU to show the info. It will be constant when you left a game running in the background.

It never used to occur earlier and also i don’t have any game running in the background . It happens even when nothings running in the background 
  • david6630
    david6630 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The latest nvidia 471.11 graphics driver caused the same problem. You need to install an older nvidia graphics driver.
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    david6630 said:
    The latest nvidia 471.11 graphics driver caused the same problem. You need to install an older nvidia graphics driver.
     oh thank you for your answer . Is this same issue occuring with you too? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check if there are any programs or services in the background, using nvidia gpu:

I also advise you to reinstall predator sense.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • david6630
    david6630 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    david6630 said:
    I had the same problem as you.
    After installing the older version of the graphics driver, the problem was resolved.
  • pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    go to nvidia control panel then go to manage 3d settings then program setting then search your browser see if it's running on nvidia gpu at default and show it to intel uhd gpu. check if this helps
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    Check if there are any programs or services in the background, using nvidia gpu:

I also advise you to reinstall predator sense.
    Thank you for your advice but i already solved the problem by using david6630 answer. The solution was installing a old nvidia graphic card driver
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    david6630 said:
    david6630 said:
    I had the same problem as you.
    After installing the older version of the graphics driver, the problem was resolved.
    Thank you this solved the problem for me i rolled back to the may driver 
  • Depressedteen
    Options
    go to nvidia control panel then go to manage 3d settings then program setting then search your browser see if it's running on nvidia gpu at default and show it to intel uhd gpu. check if this helps
    Thank you for your advice but i already solved the problem by using david6630 answer. The solution was installing a old nvidia graphic card driver
  • pulkitking24
    Options
    oh nice but that issue was related to browser i think because of hardware acceleration and your Nvidia gup was selected at auto in Nvidia control panel. happened to me once when i update gpu driver so i went in setting then switch to integrated gpu for browser. try this when you try new update later if issue still show up.

• Depressedteen
    Options
    oh nice but that issue was related to browser i think because of hardware acceleration and your Nvidia gup was selected at auto in Nvidia control panel. happened to me once when i update gpu driver so i went in setting then switch to integrated gpu for browser. try this when you try new update later if issue still show up.

its starting again man im sick of this laptop . Can you suggest what did you do

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried uninstalling predator sense?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pulkitking24
    Options

its starting again man im sick of this laptop . Can you suggest what did you do

Try in nvidia control panel the then go to manage 3d setting then program settings option there you will see a list with all the app search your browser in that put it on integrated gpu instead of nvidia gpu    
    Check this video out