How do I set up 2 external monitors for my Aspire 514-52G? Adapters are not working

beanny
beanny Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi everyone, I am looking to connect 2 external large monitors to my Acer Aspire (extended, showing different outputs - not mirrored).

I have currently plugged one monitor directly into the HDMI port provided.

I tried using a HDMI adapter for USB-C port but apparently it does not support video. I have just bought a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter (https://www.amazon.sg/RayCue-Converter-Multiple-Monitors-Compatible/dp/B081N5WNQT) but it is still not working - my 2nd monitor stays dark. 

Is there any way to resolve this / drivers to install? Thank you so much. 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Did you install the driver for the usb3 one? I'm dubious if it's real though as on the page it has 

3.Please turn off your computer's anti-virus software and firewall before installing the driver software

Which makes me think it may have malware in the driver pack! All the usb3 ones needs a driver to make them work, they are not plug and play :)

Official display link ones should be plug and play though as it will download the needed driver for you

• beanny
    beanny Member Posts: 3 New User
    Leostat said:
    Did you install the driver for the usb3 one? I'm dubious if it's real though as on the page it has 

3.Please turn off your computer's anti-virus software and firewall before installing the driver software

Which makes me think it may have malware in the driver pack! All the usb3 ones needs a driver to make them work, they are not plug and play :)

Official display link ones should be plug and play though as it will download the needed driver for you

Thanks so much! I managed to install a driver for the converter and now it works :)
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Shweet! Glad it works :)