Will Nitro AN515-55 support TPM 2.0 to compatible with Windows 11?

Options
AzureZeng
AzureZeng Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Windows 11
The minimum requirements of Windows 11 requires a TPM 2.0.
My Nitro laptop is purchased for only 1 year, however my Nitro AN515-55 is not compatible with Windows 10.
Here is my specification: Datasheet PN: NH.Q7NCN.003 (acer.com)

My laptop satisfied almost all minimum requirements except TPM 2.0. I searched in BIOS but there is no option about TPM.
I wonder whether Acer will release a new BIOS to support Intel PTT or TPM setting, or my laptop will stuck in Windows 10 which will end support in 2025.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can try to check if TPM is enabled by going to device manager, in security devices tab.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • AzureZeng

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    You can try to check if TPM is enabled by going to device manager, in security devices tab.
    There is no such setting in BIOS now, and I cannot enable it.
    And cannot be seen in Device Manager
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    The TPM setting is in security tab.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Options
    AzureZeng said:
    My Nitro laptop is purchased for only 1 year, however my Nitro AN515-55 is not compatible with Windows 10.

My laptop satisfied almost all minimum requirements except TPM 2.0. I searched in BIOS but there is no option about TPM.
    I wonder whether Acer will release a new BIOS to support Intel PTT or TPM setting, or my laptop will stuck in Windows 10 which will end support in 2025.

Your Nitro AN515-55 with its 10th Gen Intel CPU should have TPM 2.0 and TPM should be activated and your laptop should be compatible with Win-11, to check if you have the TPM chip or if TPM is active on Windows 10 or on your computer do this:

•  Open a PowerShell session As administrator
    •  Then enter the following command: get-tpm 
    If you get the "False" on TpmReady it means that you have the TPM chip on my motherboard but will have to 'enable it in BIOS before you can use it. If you see the "False” on TpmPresent, then you don’t have the TPM chip on the motherboard.

How to activate / deactivate TPM on Nitro AN515-55 BIOS and in Windows 10.

First go to BIOS to activate TPM in the BIOS of your Nitro AN515-55. Look in Security and see if the TPM options that I've included below for your BIOS. After and to activate TPM in Win-10see this guide "Activate / deactivate TPM on Windows 10 and in the BIOS of your PC

TPM BIOS Descriptions

• AzureZeng

Tinkerer

Options
    There is no such option in BIOS.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    That's weird. You can try to update the BIOS to the latest version.(2.03)
  • AzureZeng

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    That's weird. You can try to update the BIOS to the latest version.(2.03)
    My BIOS is the latest(v2.03)
  • kimstudio
    kimstudio Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi AzureZeng, I have exactly same model and I don't think it has TPM. I also can't believe my one year laptop doesn't meet this requirement - no TPM :#
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @AzureZeng and @kimstudio The model an515-55 provides tpm feature. If it's not showing up in the bios, try this procedure:
    a) create a password in setsupervisorpassword and then press f10 to save and exit. Check if this setting appears:

b) if tpm does not appear in the bios, try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes. Check if tpm appears in the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AzureZeng

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    AzureZeng said:

Your Nitro AN515-55 with its 10th Gen Intel CPU should have TPM 2.0 and TPM should be activated and your laptop should be compatible with Win-11, to check if you have the TPM chip or if TPM is active on Windows 10 or on your computer do this:

•  Open a PowerShell session As administrator
    •  Then enter the following command: get-tpm 
    If you get the "False" on TpmReady it means that you have the TPM chip on my motherboard but will have to 'enable it in BIOS before you can use it. If you see the "False” on TpmPresent, then you don’t have the TPM chip on the motherboard.

How to activate / deactivate TPM on Nitro AN515-55 BIOS and in Windows 10.

First go to BIOS to activate TPM in the BIOS of your Nitro AN515-55. Look in Security and see if the TPM options that I've included below for your BIOS. After and to activate TPM in Win-10see this guide "Activate / deactivate TPM on Windows 10 and in the BIOS of your PC

TPM BIOS Descriptions

There is no option in BIOS.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    ChecK here
    @AzureZeng and @kimstudio The model an515-55 provides tpm feature. If it's not showing up in the bios, try this procedure:
    a) create a password in setsupervisorpassword and then press f10 to save and exit. Check if this setting appears:

b) if tpm does not appear in the bios, try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes. Check if tpm appears in the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • young2000
    young2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It is said that all CPU in last 3years have a virtual ptm called ptt. but maybe acer has disenabled this function.
  • kimstudio

Tinkerer

Options
    egydiocoelho I tried both ways and it doesn't work, still no TPM option in bios, but thanks anyway.
    young2000 the problem is that bios almost has nothing to config, maybe there is method to turn on hidden options.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @kimstudioThis is strange, as all current computer models come with a tpm chip soldered to the motherboard. Can you upload some pictures of all bios settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kimstudio

Tinkerer

Options
    hi egydiocoelho

AzureZeng posted, only difference is i set up the superuser password.

• kimstudio

Tinkerer

Options
    and the get-tpm results:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your notebook a Chinese model? Perhaps a tpm restriction for Chinese models: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/601663/spin-1-bios-disable-tpm-interface-for-china-po-what-does-it-mean

This is the only possibility, as the an515-55 model comes with the chip soldered on the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AzureZeng

Tinkerer

Options
    Is your notebook a Chinese model? Perhaps a tpm restriction for Chinese models: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/601663/spin-1-bios-disable-tpm-interface-for-china-po-what-does-it-mean

This is the only possibility, as the an515-55 model comes with the chip soldered on the motherboard.
    Yeah it is a Chinese model, and I installed English(US) language pack.
    This reason for disabling TPM(PTT) module is ridiculous, which make my model not able to upgrade to Windows 11.
  • kimstudio

Tinkerer

Options
    Yeah I bought it in mainland China. I guess I have to wait for BIOS update to enable intel PTT on CPU chip?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I don't know what regulation is adopted by the Chinese government. However, perhaps the only way to enable the tpm chip is using an unlocked bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer