Spin 1: BIOS "Disable TPM Interface for china PO" - what does it mean

Stfn
Stfn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello!
I have a brand new Acer Spin 1, model SP111-34N-P4BZ. It came with BIOS version 1.03. Looking here, I see three new BIOS versions:
  • 1.05 with description "BIOS"
  • 1.06 with description "Update TXE to 4.0.20.1310. 2. Update GOP to 13.0.1018"
  • 1.09 with description "Disable TPM Interface for china PO"
I'm trying to decide if I should update the BIOS at all and if yes, to which version? Looking at the latest one, what does "Disable TPM Interface for china PO" mean? Does it apply to me in Canada?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    I suggest you do not update. See this answer I found on the dell website:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Stfn
    Stfn Member Posts: 3 New User
    I suggest you do not update. See this answer I found on the dell website:
    Got it, thanks. Would you recommend upgrading to version 1.06 with description "Update TXE to 4.0.20.1310. 2. Update GOP to 13.0.1018"?
    TXE stands for Trusted Execution Engine, but what does GOP stand for here and do I need both of these updates?
    Also can I revert to 1.03 if needed?
  • Check here: 
    Trusted Execution Engine: 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Execution_Technology
    GOP: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005749/graphics-drivers.html
    The terms made available by the manufacturers, I treat as code morses, that is, they are difficult to know what it is about even for more experienced users. If your notebook is working, there is no need to update the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)