Aspire 3 A315-57G How to disable Nvidia GPU from BIOS?

sarwar_tanvir
sarwar_tanvir Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have installed FydeOS (ChromeOS) on my Aspire 3 A315-57G. When I tried to open android setting it says, "Oops! Something went wrong when opening android." I searched for it and found in FydeOS community that, Android only works on Intel iGPU. The laptop has Nvidia MX 330 GPU. I think thats why android is not opening. So now, how can I disable the Nvidia GPU from either FydeOS or BIOS?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Shut machine off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited June 2021
    (1) Does BIOS Information tab show SATA mode AHCI, not iRST optane mode?
    (2) What is BIOS version number?

Jack E/NJ

• sarwar_tanvir
    JackE said:
    (1) Does BIOS Information tab show SATA mode AHCI, not iRST optane mode?
    (2) What is BIOS version number?
    1. SATA mode is on AHCI.
    2.Since I'm in ChromeOS now, I have no idea how I can get to know about BIOS version. Let me kno if you have known it plz.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Shut machine off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.

Jack E/NJ

• sarwar_tanvir
    JackE said:
    Thank you Sir. The BIOS version is 1.13.
  • JackE
    1.13 is latest version. The BIOS should default to the integrated Intel iGPU, not the nvidia discrete GPU.  You can double check for any additonal hidden BIOS options by pressing Ctrl+S in any of the BIOS tabs such as MAIN, Security, & Advanced tabs.

If none appear, then you can press F9 to assure loading BIOS defaults for the Intel iGPU. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit. If the problem persists, then another issue other than the nvidia chip is the cause since the Intel iGPU is enabled and the discrete GPU is disabled.

Jack E/NJ

• sarwar_tanvir
    JackE said:
    1.13 is latest version. The BIOS should default to the integrated Intel iGPU, not the nvidia discrete GPU.  You can double check for any additonal hidden BIOS options by pressing Ctrl+S in any of the BIOS tabs such as MAIN, Security, & Advanced tabs.

If none appear, then you can press F9 to assure loading BIOS defaults for the Intel iGPU. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit. If the problem persists, then another issue other than the nvidia chip is the cause since the Intel iGPU is enabled and the discrete GPU is disabled.
    Sir,
    I tried pressing Ctrl+S on Advanced tab but nothing new appered. Then I pressed F9. Then the BIOS came to its default settings. After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled GApps. But like before I cannot open Android settings. What shuld I do now, Sir?
  • JackE
    Did you also try Ctrl+S in the Main and Security tabs? If still no hidden options, then set and save a BIOS supervisor password in the Security tab. Then re-enter the BIOS with the supervisor password. Then disable secure boot. Save settings and exit. Then try to re-install the FydeOS. 

Jack E/NJ