Acer Aspire V5-122P battery?

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>If only MS Office wasn't a requirement, I'd jump in a heartbeat… >>>But I can't use it comfortably with MS Office.>>>but I need integration into a Windows ecosystem>>>

I'm not sure what requirement, comfortably & ecosystem means? I comfortably use LibreOffice (also a Windows version) for all things MicrosoftOffice including having to share stuff  back and forth with others who are stuck on  MSOffice. But if you  mean I would have to set up a Microsoft account and pay Microsoft for sharing stuff with them, then no way. I haven't run into that situation yet though. Maybe I live a sheltered life?  :)

The main difference between WinHome  group policy tweaking and some of the other versions is that its GUI console app, gpedit.msc, isn't included. But editing the WinHome registry can do at least as much as the GUI app allows, maybe more. But still not quite with the same flexibility that you're probably seeking.

Jack E/NJ

• Cuby
    Cuby Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Ecosystem: tight integration requiring Teams, Outlook, MS Office, Sharepoint-OneDrive sync, Microsoft-based accounts, authentication methods…Probably Access pretty soon, though we were holding off due to the large number of Macs. This is different from the mere file-level compatibility where indeed LibreOffice does a great job (except editing an ODT made with MS Word ;)).

The requirements kind of works in Linux, but everything that's web-based has restricted functionality, is sluggish and CPU-hungry all-around. See the abysmal performance of MS Teams on pretty much all platforms. Hence, not comfortable.