Why it always overheat in aspire a514-54g?

Options
Skepta
Skepta Member Posts: 1 New User
Less then 2 weeks ago i bought aspire a514-54g, i brought this to my house and i try it. In the first day i try, there's nothing goes wrong. Until the time i only used that device for open .docx file, some .pdf, and chrome for one tab for youtube. For half an hour the device still goes fine, but when it hit it first hour this device get overheat and suddenly it's shutdowned. And for the next day it happens again and again, i already tried use cooling pad and it's still happens.

I went to the service center but they said nothing goes wrong, no damage on the device, thankfully the warrantly is not lost. Does anybody got the same experience?, so what should i do? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    What app are you using the measure actual temperature?  What temperatures are CPU & GPU? Anything less about 94*C is normal for new laptops. Chrome browser can use too much power. You should use Edge or Firefox.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Skepta said:
    Less then 2 weeks ago i bought aspire a514-54g, i brought this to my house and i try it. In the first day i try, there's nothing goes wrong. Until the time i only used that device for open .docx file, some .pdf, and chrome for one tab for youtube. For half an hour the device still goes fine, but when it hit it first hour this device get overheat and suddenly it's shutdowned. And for the next day it happens again and again, i already tried use cooling pad and it's still happens.

I went to the service center but they said nothing goes wrong, no damage on the device, thankfully the warrantly is not lost. Does anybody got the same experience?, so what should i do? 

My suggestion to you "Skepta" (which I use myself and it works) is for you to get a good tablet cooler that will increase the air flow into your laptop and reduce the heat buildup. Remember that these new laptops are designed to operate at high temps and 94c is not an unusual high temp as and if your laptop overheats it will turn off automatically, your laptop is designed to do that and has these safety features. 

My suggestion is to NOT use pads of any kind, use a good paste like the “NEW Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme paste” and apply it with the “Pea Dot Method” and always make sure that your fans and vents are free from felt and dirt, as laptops components work in a restrictive environment and all manufacturers have taken these design criteria’s into consideration. To increase airflow and cooling further into your laptop, you need to do major case mods which will void your warranty and you might as well mod this laptop to be a desktop which many people have done and have applied water cooling and bigger CPU and GPU fans etc, etc, to reduce temps and make them not overheat but, that is another topic and I wouldn’t suggest that you do that with a new laptop.  

• Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Skepta said:

My suggestion to you "Skepta" (which I use myself and it works) is for you to get a good tablet cooler that will increase the air flow into your laptop and reduce the heat buildup. Remember that these new laptops are designed to operate at high temps and 94c is not an unusual high temp as and if your laptop overheats it will turn off automatically, your laptop is designed to do that and has these safety features. 

My suggestion is to NOT use pads of any kind, use a good paste like the “NEW Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme paste” and apply it with the “Pea Dot Method” and always make sure that your fans and vents are free from felt and dirt, as laptops components work in a restrictive environment and all manufacturers have taken these design criteria’s into consideration. To increase airflow and cooling further into your laptop, you need to do major case mods which will void your warranty and you might as well mod this laptop to be a desktop which many people have done and have applied water cooling and bigger CPU and GPU fans etc, etc, to reduce temps and make them not overheat but, that is another topic and I wouldn’t suggest that you do that with a new laptop.  

I think in this case "cooling pad" refers to a set of external fans that the laptop is set on, and not a thermal paste substitute between the CPU and the heatsink.
  • Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Nah still cooling pad raises power limits quite a lot, i have same pc and just disable nvidia gpu and cpu temp will drop to 30-40