Are the parts i found compatible with my laptop (Acer Aspire A515-54)

svil774
svil774 Member Posts: 1 New User
Im currently using an Aspire A515-54-59W2, purchased around June 2019. The ram is 8GB, DDR4 2400mhz; 4GB is on a dimm slot, the other 4GB is soldered on the motherboard. The SSD is Western Digital SN520 256GB SSD (NVMe, M.2 2280-S3-B-M). 

I want to upgrade the ram in the dimm slot to 16 GB and if possible, upgrade my SSD to a 1 TB SSD. However, im not entirely knowledgeable on computer parts, but I went on amazon and found some parts for a 1x16GB DDR4 2400 mhz and a SN550 1 TB SSD (that is NVMe and M.2 2280). I just want to know if these two parts will be compatible. and if not, if there are any alternatives to these parts.
thanks.

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    @svil774

4 gb is already soldered so a maximum of 20 gb can be used.    You can use the 16 gb ram along with 4 gb.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory details and the best upgrade options for you for memory and ssd..    It will show you the alternative and compatible parts. 

https://www.crucial.com/

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,167 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    @svil774

4 gb is already soldered so a maximum of 20 gb can be used.    You can use the 16 gb ram along with 4 gb.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory details and the best upgrade options for you for memory and ssd..    It will show you the alternative and compatible parts. 

https://www.crucial.com/

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★